Wednesday, September 15, 2010

San Diego Recap

I must say, that San Diego was incredible and I do miss it. The weather is awesome in southern California. Low 65- High 85 degrees ever day and NO HUMIDITY. San Francisco really had some amazing views and great culture, but San Diego was clean, not too big of a city, and nice weather year around.

I flew out early Sunday morning (8am Flight) after a 30th birthday party for our friend Justin. I was a little bit tired, but not too bad. I landed at 12pm pacific time and had a chance to do a little bit of sightseeing just to make sure I knew where I was going all week. I grabbed lunch and then headed back to the hotel to catch a quick nap before the Partner's Reception at the conference. Needless to say, I didn't do anything that night but go to bed because it was 12am on the east coast.
Downtown San Diego

Monday - was a fairly low key day. I did some work from the hotel and had a chance to do some sightseeing and some shopping. I went to dinner at a GREAT mexican place. Shrimp Taco's anyone? Delicious! Oh, and a couple corona's because nothing goes with mexican like a mexican brew :)
Downtown San Diego at night from my room

Top of the Hyatt


Tuesday/Wednesday were mainly all work days. Tuesday night we were treated to dinner by one of our vendors; Information Management. We enjoyed the SAS Hospitality event before dinner. They had a great Beatles cover band; Silver Beatles. Dinner was at a "fancy" mexican rest. with the very best Mojitos. 2 of those and a couple vodka sodas....Good times.

I picked up my rental car on Wednesday night, a Jeep Wrangler (because if you are in SO CAL, you must have a convertible of some type). Note to self for my next trip to San Diego - the rental car companies aren't as close as they look. It was a rather long walk. I was also able to meet up with one of my highschool friends, Mike Walsh. We went and grabbed a bite to eat and a few drinks and then headed to hear one of his friends bands, Ben Sollee. Very good band, very different as well, but we enjoyed it along with enjoying our Pabst Beers. Check out their website, they are doing a tour by bicycle - http://www.bensollee.com/. It was great catching up with an old friend and seeing what "real" San Diego is all about.

My ride for the week

Mike and me and Dinner

Thursday I went to Los Angeles. I heard nightmares about getting there with all the traffic, but it wasn't bad at all. Took me about 2.5 hours to get there. The last 20min was where the traffic got really bad, but it was only 20min so it wasn't bad. Of course I did the things that only girls like to do.......Rodeo Drive, Robertson Blvd, Pinkberry, Melrose, etc. I did lots of shopping and got lots of great things. I stayed there until about 9:30pm in hopes of missing all the traffic and was successful. I made it back quick and even stopped for an In and Out Burger, YUM!
LA!!!!


Beverly Hills

Robertson BLVD


Hollywood Blvd

Pinkberry - YUM


Friday was filled with all things San Diego. I shopped, watched the Navy Ships, held a bird or two, ate sushi, had dessert and relaxed before my flight early Saturday morning. I can't wait to go back and do some of the things I wasn't able to do this trip.

The Bay
Navy Shipyard

Sunny The Bird

Not sure of his name - but he was mean

Balancing Rocks

Sourthern California Coast

No comments: